Monday, December 20, 2010

Rocky Road

I have really fond memories of cookies and candies that my mom made around the holidays and Rocky Road has always been one of my favorites.

I'm not sure why I only make these at Christmas time, other than it seems to preserve the tradition. Maybe they're more special when only eaten once a year? Maybe my hips and thighs and belly jiggle will thank me for keeping this to a seasonal tradition. :)

Ingredients:

4 cups rice krispies cereal
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup peanuts

12 oz peanut butter
1 1/2 lbs baking chocolate

Directions:
Melt chocolate and peanut butter in a large pot. Remove from heat and dump in all other ingredients. Stir thoroughly and drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. Try and wait until cooled to eat. :O)

5 comments:

Shelby said...

That looks really yummy, I have never made them before. Thanks for the recipe:)

Holly C. said...

Those look sooooo good!

Dustine said...

that's great that you have memories of baking this when you were a kid and now you are able to do with your own family. i agree some things are best when saved for a special time each year.

Renata said...

Dave's grandmother also makes rocky road for Christmas - she makes big batches for each child & grandchild she has (which is a lot). She adds cut up jube lollies to hers!
This recipe sounds great & I love the way you put it in bite size pieces!

Unknown said...

Do you remember Doc? He is the one that brought these yummies to us at christmas time starting the tradition i believe