Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Thursday, September 6, 2012
- Our oldest daughter turned 12 a few weeks ago, she's getting so old! She's participating in a writing class this year and is loving it. Writing is her passion.
- We've entered the 5th month of being store owners. The business is plodding along. I'm still enjoying it, though I haven't come even close to mastering a balance between work and keeping up with housework! :P
- Pregnancy is also plodding along, I'm approximately 14 weeks now. Glad to be out of the first trimester tiredness and nausea!
- We're hosting our 3rd annual Birthday Bash this Sunday. It's one big party that we throw for all the kids instead of having 'friend' parties for each of the kids throughout the year. Should be a blast.
- Mabel is nearing 7 months old already! I'll end this with a cute video of her giggle (please excuse my lousy camera work)...
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Next week we hit the 6 month mark.
I thought one month was hard, now 6?
Yesterday I logged in to Google Plus and was flipping through a friends pics of a graduation party we went to last summer....only to come across this gem.
He was Josiah's favorite stuffed animal, because he was all soft and fuzzy. Josiah was ALL about anything fuzzy.
I didn't have a good picture of the two of them together...til now.
God's sweet little mercies continue!
Friday, May 4, 2012
Well, for pretty much all of our marriage we've talked about having a family business. Something that would allow us to be together but also provide the kids a place to learn and have their first jobs. If you've followed my blog for awhile you probably already know that I have been selling homeschool curriculum out of our house for about a year and a half. It wasn't busy by any means but it was a fun sort of hobby to have. I had dreamed about actually renting a storefront and giving it a go...but that seemed far off.
Then Josiah....oh, sweet little boy...Josiah....
Our world seemed to turn upside down.
I'm not sure even what started the ball rolling but we started researching commercial buildings and the idea of selling children's clothing along with the curriculum.
The research led to driving around, looking through buildings and lots of daydreaming.
And you know what? It was good.
Good to have a goal.
Good to have a distraction.
Good to have something to throw ourselves into so we aren't overwhelmed by grief.
It's helped us to have something together as a family unit. Totally awesome at this time.
So here we are finishing up our first opening week.
We have two rooms for the kids. One school room and one toddler room with toys and beds for the littles to nap. When there aren't any customers I'm in mom mode, hanging out with the kids and teaching them. When someone comes in I go out front and work. It's been a pretty smooth transition....I'll post pictures of the store and all the kid areas as soon as I remember to bring my camera with me! :)
Monday, April 16, 2012
Honesty time now.... I was having a hard time that morning.
Thinking back to last years races and how much fun Josiah had while there.
Thinking it was going to be especially hard to see the racecar they usually have set up for kids to sit in like a photo booth.
Thinking about the sweet photo I have of Josiah in that car from last year...
and you know what? The Lord knows. He knows how hard this must be and I think he gives us a break once in awhile. Sweet little mercies in life.
When we showed up and walked in I was aprehensive, but turned to see that this year there wasn't a race car.
For the three years our kids have attended this event that same car has been in the exact spot.
This year? A motorcycle.
I have no idea who made that decision to switch up what was there, but from the bottom of this sad mama's heart THANK YOU!
Sweet mercies, I tell ya!
Friday, March 16, 2012
Sunday, February 26, 2012
Monday, February 13, 2012
Thursday, February 2, 2012
- The kids have been passing around the typical wintertime sicknesses, colds, fevers etc. Ian kept feeling ill too and the dr finally diagnosed what has been bothering him. So, yesterday he went into surgery and had his gall bladder removed! He seems to be recovering nicely but is just super tired.
- Theo (who will be 14 mos next week) has learned to crawl down the stairs after a couple of months of knowing how to go up and getting himself stuck there. He also cut his first tooth. All of my other kiddos got teeth around 9-10 months so he is a bit slower on that.
- I'm now 38.5 weeks along with baby #10 being due in just a mere 12 days!! Since Ian is in recovery mode I sure hope she gives him plenty of time. I think this is the first pregnancy where I am NOT feeling anxious to 'just have the baby already'. :P Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited about her arrival I'm just content with it coming in another week to two weeks. :)
- A couple ladies are throwing me a baby shower this Saturday, Stephen turns 9 on Sunday & February 12th is our 12th wedding anniversary.
Through ALL of that we have been surrounded by SO much support from friends, church family, neighbors, co-workers etc., it's been a huge blessing. Thank you so much to all who have helped with meals, cleaning, childcare or helping by being a shoulder to lean on.
You all have been the body of Christ indeed. :)
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.
1 Corinthians 12:26-28
Saturday, January 21, 2012
How can this be??
One month since I've held his little hand.
Since I've heard his sweet voice and fun little giggle.
One month since I've run my fingers through his thick blonde hair....
I cry to you, O LORD; I say, “You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.”
Monday, January 2, 2012
Learning that I can have a big ole' huge cry and then get up and be somewhat functional.
Learning that grief is appearing differently in each of the children, each in their own time and all of that is okay.
Learning, learning, learning....I am the student He is the teacher.