Friday, March 16, 2012

A special dinner

A few months ago I mentioned here on the blog that I was hoping to get to go to the Hearts at Home Conference. One of the main speakers at the conference this year is Michelle Duggar. I've always admired her and her wonderful family and thought it would be amazing to be able to meet them.

Well....a friend of mine knew this and decided to email them about our family.

Which turned into all of us getting to meet them!!

The kids came for a couple of pictures and a 'meet and greet' then returned home with the babysitter. Ian and I were blessed to be able to spend the evening having dinner with them.







In person they are just as genuine and sweet as they are on their show.
We both left feeling very encouraged.

Thank you Jim Bob & Michelle for such a wonderful evening!! :O)

7 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh Laura, I'm soooo glad that you got to meet the Duggars.

I'm so glad you left feeling so encouraged.

I would love to also get to meet them and share and get to know them. I have been praying for Michelle as she grieves the loss of her precious Jubilee.

So glad you're finding hope and courage on this journey you're walking. I continue to pray for you.

We love you guys.

Kathi said...

I am so happy for you guys! What a blessing, I am glad that you were able to enjoy your time together.

Dawn said...

Oh Laura,
I am so happy for you. What a wonderful encouragement. I am praying for you and your family.
Blessings,
Dawn

Kimmie said...

What a beautiful special gift that God gave to you Laura. What a sweet remembrance you will be able to cherish.

So happy God blessed you with this date with the Duggars.

xoxo
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Kate said...

Jealous!!! Awesome.

momanna98 said...

OMGOSH!!! HOW AWESOME!!!!!!!! EEK!

Unknown said...

That is very exciting. I am so happy for you.