- We made it from Washington to Illinois in 36 hours flat. The kids did awesome and slept 2/3 of the time. Night driving is by far the best way to travel!
- All we brought with us was our van and a uhaul trailer (5ft x 8ft) with essentials.
- The rental house is nice but has proven to have some quirks...I'll blog about those later.
- There has been a lot of furniture building. Two benches for the kitchen table, a desk, three sets of bunk beds, a queen size bed platform and a huge cabinet for homeschool supplies. The bunkbeds are super cool, instead of mattresses the kids are getting hammocks. :)
- Ian and I got to go on one last date night before our friend/babysitter travels on to Pennsylvania. The Olive Garden has great food. Mmmm.
- The second day here we saw snowflakes, the kids are really hoping to see more.
- Noah ate his first solid food (well, mushy food to be exact) today. He gobbled it up nicely.
And do you want to know the best thing by far?
We haven't had to ride on one single ferry boat since we left Washington!!! (sorry Vashon folk, but it's the truth)