Monday, April 20, 2009

Blogging to take my mind off the fact that it's hailing!

In my excitement over finding out that the baby is indeed a girl (that was our guess)...I didn't say anything else about the appointment! Sheesh, that was spacey of me :)

The doctor said that everything looks great and she is growing nicely! Her movements are getting stronger too, I'm feeling them much more now. Ian even got to feel for the first time a couple days ago. The only regret I have is that she was facing posterior through the whole exam so almost all of the ultrasound shots are of her extremities. Cute baby toes but sadly no great profile shot.

~~~~~

Now, for the past few weeks I've been thinking a lot about the kids' school work and how that is going to look for next year. I think I may need to invest in a planner, then spend the time getting it all planned. I'd like to be able to just pick a sheet that will have what each child should be doing each day that I can use as a guide. If I spend the time putting it together before the baby comes, then theoretically we should be able to start working not too long after she's born...basically not take a long break!

Do any of you use a planner? I may just set up my own in excel...

Oh, I have also been trying to decide what to use as a bible program. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, figuring if I couldn't find one I'd come up with my own. I came across this site though and they have what looks like a great curriculum (I guess I shouldn't rave about it too much, I've only printed off the first week!). The best part though is it's FREE! :)

4 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

I invested in the Edu-Track years ago, but haven't used it much in the past couple of years which makes me feel guilty. I'm always thinking I need to start using it again. It really did keep me on track! There are so many other cheaper options though!

Dustine said...

I don't use a planner. I love Managers of Their Homes. We try to stick to our schedule. I make lists of themes I want to study, library books to order, ect. that's what works for us. :)

Kimmie said...

Oh, in 13 years- no planner (other than the Holy Spirit ;-) which is all I have ever needed.)

I will pray that you find what it is you need. God bless you for wanting to be prepared, I am sure He is preparing you...even more than you know.

hug
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Monica said...

This past year I used the free online planner called Homeschool Tracker. Initially, I thought I would use it for planning out assignments, but instead found it great for keeping records and grades (I use that term loosely). The hard thing about planning is that sometimes kids need more time and other times they need less. I've found it best to be flexible.