Saturday, April 4, 2009

Some of my week in pictures

Noah is now 11 months old! He's finally started to crawl, most of the time it's a belly crawl but he's trying hard to master up on all fours.


He's also cutting teeth. He doesn't have any so far but there are 4 that are just about to break through. When he's not crawling around he looks like this, with his whole hand crammed in his mouth.

Josiah has had a rough couple of weeks. First he had an ear ache now I'm not really sure but I think he might have the flu. You know things are not quite right when a two year old (in the same room as all of the other LOUD kids) lays down and takes a nap.

Speaking of the other kids....they've taken all the blankets from their rooms and built this giant fort. Stephen is proudly showing it off as he was the main construction worker on it. :)

And that brings me to my recent project.

I found this desk on the side of the road. Someone had set it out for the garbage people to collect, so I snagged it. Not too purdy is it?



With a little effort some sanding, stain and varnish I think it turned out quite nice.

It's now in my daughters room and she's really happy with it....and that's all that matters.

6 comments:

Monica said...

I can so relate to these pictures- especially the tent. I found the remnants of a tent in our back yard when cleaning up today. Yep, lots of blankets were really dirty in the grass. Who knows how long they had been there.

Hope your little guy feels better soon.

EEEEMommy said...

So fun to get a peak into everyday life! I can relate to the flu/sickness.
Well done on the desk!!

Dustine said...

The desk looks great. Good for you taking the time to fix it up.
:)

Renata said...

The desk looks fantastic!!! You've done a great job!
Your baby is 11 months - I began reading your blog when you had just had him (although I think I just stalked & didn't comment for a while). The time sure has flown!

ericksonzone said...

I love to take something that no one wants and turn it into something great. That desk looks really nice. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Cool fort and cool mom for letting them build it :) Great job on the desk!!!
:>Michelle