Friday, February 26, 2010

Goodbye Anger Hello Soft words

Too many times lately I have found myself on edge, cranky and just plain impatient. I feel like it's snowballed and I just haven't been able to stop.

Then yesterday I read this post that Angel wrote. She said all the things I've been feeling. If you haven't read it....GO NOW.


I'll wait.


...


...

Good isn't it?

I love it when conviction comes from the Lord. For me it feels freeing. When I try to do something on my own it feels burdensome and impossible. Knowing that you are trying to change because it's something the Lord wants in your life is SO encouraging! Not that everyday will be a success, but that if I struggle or fail, He's there to lift me back up.

2 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

I almost deleted this post after I wrote it, out of fear. But I knew I wasn't alone, and I prayed that God would use my words to encourage others.
I will be praying for you, Laura! God is faithful!! His strength is made manifest in our weakness!

Grace and Peace,
Angel

Renata said...

Thanks for sharing this - I went across to visit & found it definitely challenging. I think God is working in my heart over "soft answers" as it's been a reoccuring theme in my life since the start of this year.
God bless you
Renata :)