Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Life

I'm in the mood for a list today.

1. Stephen turned 7 last Friday! For one of his gifts we signed him up for a gymnastics class (that meets once a week). We figure it'll be a good fit for him, he's full of energy and prefers doing cartwheels rather than walking! :P

2. We've had a friend visiting for a week. His flight was supposed to leave today but was canceled due to the snow, so he'll have to endure our chaos for another day.

3. It snowed for the last three days. I think there's about6 inches total. Today the sun is out and my mood is much better. I don't like dreary cloudy days.

4. I took Kathleen in for a check up last week. They confirmed (what I knew) that she's a tiny one. Not even on the charts for her weight and they want me to try and fatten her up. The Dr. was not satisfied with my explanation that we've been through this before with several of the other kids (who are all healthy & happy). So, I'll be feeding her and feeding her and having her reweighed in a couple of weeks to see if it makes a difference.

5. We bought a piano! This is something we've been wanting for awhile now. We'd like to get our girls (Amanda & Jessica) into lessons, but owning one for them to practice on was necessary first.

6. CoffeeMate had a peppermint mocha coffee creamer out around Christmas time that I loved. I was sad when the stores stopped stocking it, but this week I was happy to find that Aldi had their store brand creamer in peppermint mocha flavor! (and I think I like it even better!) Sometimes it doesn't take much to make me happy. :O)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny that you mention Coffee-mate's peppermint mocha creamer. That's one of my top 5 flavors and I was bummed that the seasonal flavors were ending....but then I found out that Peppermint Mocha is actually available all year round now!

Coffee-mate recently added this to their yearly items. You should check it out...same great taste available anytime you want!

It's great!

Kimmie said...

So nice to catch up with you Laura. I think it is wonderful that simple things make you so full of joy...kuddos for that.

enjoy your coffee! Glad you found something good to add to it...sure with all that extra feeding...you'll need the caffeine boost ;-)

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Dustine said...

Oh my goodness Laura. I just saw all the new pictures on your sidebar. Your pictures are beautiful. You are so blessed.
I've been taking a bit of a blog break since our move but, have updated it this week and plan to get back at it (b/c it's so fun you know). I've been playing with it some but will keep it the same now. :)
Hope you all are happy in your new home. I'm starting to get spring fever already-can't wait to do some gardening here.
Blessings to you friend

Shelby said...

Laura, I can't remember how I stumbled on your blog a short while ago, but I love it. I am amazed at how you do it with 8 kids, what a blessing from the Lord. Funny how the little things in life like finding a good deal keeps us happy.

Shelby