Thursday, April 1, 2010

Presto chango

This is what my laundry room looked like when we moved into our house:


It's right off the side of our kitchen and it's the first thing you see when you enter the house from the garage. Not exactly my idea of ideal.

This set of washer & dryer came with the house and we already owned a set...which got my husband and I thinking.

We decided that we'd hook up both sets in the basement and turn this area into a pantry! :)


In my head I have a vision of some sort of door or curtain for here to hid this all from view.

Our kitchen doesn't have a lot of cupboard space so these extra shelves are great!!

And here is what my NEW laundry room looks like now. Thank you Ian (my husband) & Jon (friend) for all your help!

9 comments:

Marla Grace said...

Look's great!Good for you!You need that many washers with the size family you have!Enjoy!

Kimmie said...

Wow, that looks great. That is a lot of laundry space and I am sure that it will make doing it more pleasant (right?)

Glad your Knight hooked you up ;-)

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 6 3/4 adopted

Maria said...

That is awesome Laura!

Dustine said...

Oh that's so fun. It's so fun to make a space look nice. We have laundry area when you walk in our side door but I'm thinking doors would be good so it's all hidden-that's pretty right?
Look forward to seeing more pictures of your new home. :)

Monica said...

Two washers and two dryers is my dream. Oh, how quickly it could get done! We don't have a door on our bathroom in our bedroom (go figure). I just hung up a spring curtain rod and a curtain panel. It works wonders.

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Eeeeee! Awesomeness in your laundry room!!!

Leanne said...

What a great idea! Dave has often toyed with the idea of another set of laundry appliances for us too...

Aren't you thankful for such a handy husband!?

Both of the areas look great.

Michelle said...

What a great idea! I miss my laundry room being in the basement. It's so hard to hide the never ending laundry mess on the main floor;P I am sure having to of each is very helpful. Let me know if Ian invents a machine to fold them too. Oh wait, that's what kids are for.lol
:>Michelle

ericksonzone said...

How nice! I can just imagine how fast your laundry goes. And to have that extra storage is so great!