Saturday, November 2, 2013

Contentment


We are a year & a half into running our own business. It's a lot of work & stress and I have to keep reminding myself of the things that make me happy about it instead of looking to the future at where I want to be.


  • Witnessing two ladies picking out & buying SIX bags full of clothes to go to a family in need.



  • Watching someone pay for a set of cloth diapers to send home with a missionary who would not have access to disposable diapers.



  • Providing a place for families to be able to purchase homeschool materials that I know they wouldn't be able to afford new. 



  • Having many people comment on how much they love hearing the Christian music playing in our shop.



  • Being able to ask my boys to help a customer carry a box of books and see them not skip a beat, but jump up to help with a smile. 


There is happiness in the moment. This day, this moment. Lord, help me to keep seeing it.

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Oh Laura....so happy for you. Glad it is going well. What a gift you are to all. Enjoy the work He blesses you with !love you friend.

Kimmie
Mama to 8
One homemade and 8 adopted