Thursday, July 24, 2014

33

Today I am 33 years old. 




Age is a funny thing, like time... One moment it can seem like it's happening way too slowly and the next moment it can seem like it's rushing by.

I was walking around the hardware store last night and caught a glimpse of my oldest boy just beside me. It made me pause for a second and just think....how am I old enough to have a son who looks me eye to eye & will be taller than me any day (if he's not a hair taller already)?? How am I old enough to be nearing the birth of our twelfth child?



A friend commented something the other day on this photo:  I love the symbolism, with the swing showing what the Sims family represents in enjoying every minute of life.


and it really made me think. 

I want that statement to be accurate. I want to enjoy every minute of life. 

"Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment" (1 Timothy 6:17 NIV).


No comments: