Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pictures of projects, accomplishments and a birthday!

I completed a project (well, almost...the ottoman still needs a couple finishing touches.). Ian and I have been working on building some furniture for our living room. It involved lots of building, sanding, staining, varnishing and cushion making! We also found a couple of end tables that we repainted too.

Doesn't it look nice?


This week was the kids' last week at their AWANA program for the year. They celebrated with an awards ceremony and lots of cookies and lemonade...they are already anxious for next year!




And last but so not least...this little guy turned one last week! He sure enjoyed his cupcake. :)



7 comments:

The Pauls' Family said...

Great job on the furniture. Don't you just enjoy it so much more when you have put a lot of work into it? Happy 1st birthday to the little guy!

Angie said...

Love the furniture. I always enjoy seeing your family in pictures! Wish my DH and I were that creative with wood! :0)

Hugs,
Oh, how are you feeling?

Angie

Maria said...

The furniture is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
I love this glimpse into your life and family.

AND I always enjoy our scrabble games...even if I do lose! :)

Leanne said...

Great job on the furniture and way to hang in there, even though it was a rough go!!

Talk soon!

Leanne

Monica said...

Seriously, you guys made that?! I am so impressed. It not only looks wonderful, but it looks like it will handle all the wear and tear beautifully.

Dustine said...

You made your own furniture, that is so great. They came out really nice.
Alyssa still doesn't have a bed since our move. Sometimes I ask her "where's your bed" she says "my daddy going to make me a bunkbed". Ok maybe it's not as cute unless you here her...yes eventually he'll make it. :)

EEEEMommy said...

Great work! Now you can come on over "next door" and help me paint my girls' furniture and room. I don't know why, but I'm terrified to begin!
Happy 1st Birthday to your littlest man! :)