Monday, May 4, 2009

Scheduling

Back before all the chaos of moving, I had implemented a schedule to our days that we all seemed to do well with. I've missed it. LOTS! Life hasn't been bad, but I've seen a few things cropping up here and there that I think are a result of too much free time (for the kids and myself). So this week I'm starting a schedule again. I think the first few days are always the hardest. Making myself focus and keeping kids on track where they should be. Between that and the sunshine I may be a bit sparse around here this week, but it's for a good reason! :)

4 comments:

Renata said...

I love having a schedule - it means you know exactly what you should be doing at that time. Hope it goes well for you - especially getting past the first few rougher days.

Monica said...

I'm spontaneous by nature so having a schedule (though much needed) sometimes make me feel cramped. I call it a "routine" to make myself feel better. It's always interesting that once we get in to a rhythm with routine and I veer off the kids are miserable and say that the day is going too slowly. What would we do without them to keep us on track? )

Kimmie said...

I am not very good with a written schedule. Don't imagine that at this point that I could begin to implement that. I like the freedom that no schedule brings you...knowing that it all will get done, but maybe not in any particular order.

Glad that you are applying it again, just remember that if a schedule doesn't fit your style, to release it and go with what works. (if it works, that is great, but I learned long ago, that what works for some, won't work well for others.)

I can imagine that you children are kind and sweet just like you...you must be teaching them loads.

big hug;
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Dustine said...

Schedule works well for us too. Especially in the morning hours which is when we try to get our schooling done.
Blessings on your week.