I was reading a blog yesterday where the lady made a list of 10 things that were guaranteed to lift her mood. I thought it was a good idea and it helped me get to know her better. So, now I'm going to take a stab at it.
Here are ten things that lift my mood.
1. Upbeat music. Praise music is good but I also like country, particularly Sugarland. Fun music can make so many things more enjoyable....like folding laundry.
2. A good book. I don't read that often, it usually comes in spurts, but when I do I LOVE it.
3. Games. I grew up playing games a lot with my family and now I like to play them with my kids & Ian. Board games. Dice. Card games. Online scrabble :)....I enjoy it all. (except strategy games like Risk or Stratego, I'm not any good at those!)
4. Finding a good bargain. I like to shop at thrift stores, garage sales and discount stores but the fun doesn't end there. Like this week for instance, there was a coupon online for $1 off water bottles and walmart had 6 packs priced at $1. I printed off 4 coupons (that was the limit) and got (4) 6 packs of lemon flavored water FREE! How could that not lift your mood?
5. Waking up to a clean house. This one requires that I actually clean it the night before and I'm sad to say that it doesn't happen often enough. But, when I do it and get to wake up and make breakfast in a clean kitchen...walk down the hallway without avoiding toys....stuff like that, well it's just refreshing.
6. Date night!! I love my kids, I love being around my kids. Some times though, I need to be without them. I need time with just Ian. Period.
7. Projects. This is another one that happens in spurts. I get the itch to change things or be creative, or it comes out of necessity (like the chairs I just re-did).
8. Watermelon. You might say this is a pregnancy craving right now, but a juicy slice of watermelon?? Watching little ones eat it.... *smiles* that's what it brings.
9. Newborn babies. I love babies. (Duh?) Not just my own either. I get really excited when other people have babies. Sometimes even people I've never met...like Jessica. Or a few months ago Melissa... I LOVE IT!
10. Sunshine. Getting outside and enjoying nice weather is a sure fire mood lifter.
How about you?? What puts you in a better mood and gives you a smile??