Friday, April 22, 2011

Trip Bloopers

No trip with our family is ever free from a bit of craziness. I find the imperfect times are usually the funniest ones. Here's a couple....

~ The first one here is *my* blunder. I was clearing off a table of plates after the reception. I'm walking towards the garbage can with Theo in one hand and a stack of plates in the other. Theo decides to wildly wave his arms and knocks over the plates....onto the back of another wedding guest. :/ (luckily he was very gracious and he didn't get any food on him)

~ We're walking up the steps to the Lincoln Memorial, a couple kids had climbed up ahead of us. I look over to see Stephen sliding down the marble banister only to land with his legs on the 'NO SLIDING' sign.


2 comments:

Leanne said...

Laura, I think most fondly about you all the time! It blesses me that you are one of my faithful readers, and that we've managed to keep in touch online even over the years and miles.

I have to say, I actually snorted when I read about your Trip Bloopers! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Sooo funny!!!

Gayle said...

Hey girlie! I'm so glad you had such a nice trip. What a great thing that you got to explore DC as homeschoolers! I would love, love, love to get my kids to the Smithsonian in the next couple of years.
That castle looks incredible! What a cool place to be married. I bet you are ready to get back to normal though. Vacations are great, but it's always nice to be back in your own space to truly relax. :)