Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Random thoughts of the day;

*I told my 3 yr old he'd get a certain special toy if he was successful using the bathroom...he was doing great and I was happy so I gave him the toy early as it was Christmas and all. BIG mistake, we're losing ground now. UGH!

*I took down the Christmas tree today, alone. Why is putting up the tree so much more exciting?

*I really like the movie Sweet Home Alabama. I've probably seen it a hundred times and I still watch it again. Not really sure why.

*I love pizza so much that for Christmas my DH got me a gift certificate to Dominos. (which says something as he doesn't really like pizza)
We have gotten completely out of any routine since way before we moved...we need it again desperately!

*Lately we have been playing a lot of dice and card games I played as a kid, it's bringing back fun memories. (and improving my kids' counting, number recognition and addition skills...BONUS!)

*I started using cloth diapers about a month ago. It's alright and seems like the right thing for now. Though it just seems like one more step we've taken towards "extreme freaky".

*I don't feel "extreme" I just feel normal.

*I ordered new glasses (finally) can't wait to get them next week!

*My camera is broken, after a year and a half. Not a long life. My dh thinks we should not buy anything electronic as it always gets broken. He may be right.

*It's sunny and 19* here, my kids are bundled up and outside playing frisbee.

'Til next year...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to have a camera! I hope you all have a nice New Year eve.
Blessings,
Dawn
www.homeschoolblogger.com/my4sweetums

ericksonzone said...

I loved the little tidbits. We played cards too last night.

Kimmie said...

Well I'd be happy to join you on the 'Extreme freaky' list...I am a cloth diaper lover...can't wait to get Little Beauty's buns in cloth...and those cute little woolie longies that go over the diapers to keep her dry as dry can be.

your cloth loving diaper friend;
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

EEEEMommy said...

I was a freaky cloth diaper user too. I didn't even use the fancy cloth diapers they have these days, just plain ordinary ones folded funny with plastic pants. I won't say that I loved them, but I hated when I had to spend money on disposables!