Tuesday, February 3, 2009

More randomness, this time about my kids

At our homeschool group yesterday Abram and Josiah were at a table coloring. Abram would take out crayons by the handful and dump them out, Josiah would get down and pick them all up.

Stephen is my super finder. If something's lost ask him, he'll find it. Need something obscure from the other room, ask him he'll be able to get it. Kenny on the other hand...ask him to get you a diaper, he'll probably come back with the baby wipes.

We have a family time several evenings a week where Amanda reads out loud to us, I think she has a real gift. Her inflection is incredible and she's very enjoyable to listen to.

Kenny is my helper. If I ask for a volunteer to help, he's the one who responds first.

At least ten times a day I'm asked to spell something for Jessica. She's at this stage where she wants to label every thing. If she draws a princess she wants to write 'princess'. She's a sponge and soaking up so much before we've even formally started school with her. I LOVE it.

If Abram thinks he's in trouble, he stalls. He'll look at me and say, "Mom, I need to tell you something....why'd the chicken cross the road?"

5 comments:

Miriam said...

Love it! Esp. the last one :)

Anonymous said...

What great little personalities!! One of the best thing about big families is how God knits us together to be the family God planned. They sound like great kids. I hope I get to meet them this Spring:)))
:>Michelle

Dustine said...

What a great idea!
Thanks for sharing some about your kids.

Renata said...

What a fun idea for a post! It's nice to get to know your family a bit better!

ericksonzone said...

What a great post. You have such special children. I found myself wishing I could be there to listen to Amanda read.