Wednesday, September 3, 2008


A few posts back I mentioned the book Managers of their homes. I ended up buying myself a copy and have read through it (it's a pretty quick read). I have even gone as far as making a schedule and keeping it (for two whole days now....). Only time will tell if we can keep this up and actually make it a way of life. I said all that to say, there seems to be a reoccurring theme in my mind about simplifying. Although on paper a schedule seems a bit complicated I'm seeing that really it's making my job easier. Not having to daily put brain power into 'what comes next' is really helping. I went a bit further with that notion and decided to simplify my menu plan. I've been making a menu plan for awhile now and know that it helps me a ton. My new idea though is to be basic. I chose 5 breakfasts and 5 lunches to keep the same every week. Only dinners will vary. For example:

Monday- toast & apple sauce, hot dogs
Tuesday- pancakes, tuna sandwiches
Wednesday- muffins, macaroni & cheese

Are you seeing my point? I'm thinking that not only will this help me to have a plan, but it will help the kids deal with meals better because they will know what to expect. So far it's working for me!!

(and just as a disclaimer: I know that this isn't an original idea; lots of people do pizza Fridays or fish Mondays...it's just something new for us.)


No comments: