Tuesday, September 9, 2008

How do you like them apples?

The house we are renting is surrounded by apple trees (about a dozen). Right now they are fully loaded and I already have 12 quarts of applesauce canned and a dozen or so bags in the freezer. I got to thinking and here's the progression of my thoughts;

A-appetizing
P-pretty


P-plentiful

L-Lots



E-ENOUGH


S-STOP, oh please, no more!



But, there really are a ton more. So, we may just have to make the best of it and have a cider pressing party. :)

5 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

i love apple trees. we have one with granny smiths.
love your header. so cute!

Renata said...

What a blessing! All our apple & stone fruit trees (well the ones that were here) died off in the drought. What recipe do you use for cider? It looks soooo.. yummy!
Oh & I love the cartoon on the side of your blog - LOL

Robyn said...

I love the header and post, too cute! How many bags of apples do you have now (Brianna told me on the way home they (the kids) picked more)!?! When's the cider pressing party?

Now you need to blog about all the recipes you can make or have tried with apples. Or have a contest about apple recipes (to get more so you can try something new)!

Kimmie said...

Wow, that is wonderful. How awesome that God put that apple tree there and filled it up just for you.

We don't have a tree, but plan to go picking...wish we could go with you, as you have such a beautiful brood ;-)

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Anonymous said...

I love apple season. I am very apple picky and love them fresh. We have no apple trees around, but would love some. So consider yourself a lucky ducky girl lol.
Your school schedule sounds like me. I am working towards all done before lunch and lapbooking in the afternoon while Carter sleeps. I think once the kids get in the swing better, that will be workable. And if I wasn't so many states away I would come over to your party ;p
:>Michelle