Monday, January 12, 2009

Better and refreshed

Thank you for all of your suggestions to my last post. I am feeling better about the whole thing this week. By the end of last week I was invited to play Bunco with a group of ladies in town here...that was fun! And I got together with one other mom for a play date of sorts at the local library.

Side note: the library here ROCKS! They have a typical children's section but also have a great room called a Discovery Room. It is a huge room with all sorts of toys, puppets, puzzles and pretty much anything to keep a toddler entertained while the older kids can search for their books. Now I'm not going to have to stress about keeping kids quiet and occupied!

~And~

A friend from out of town came to visit and gave Hubby and I a chance for a date night! We went to this restaurant where they cook the food right in front of you (not sure how to describe it really). It was super fun...if you have one near you I'd highly recommend going. We'll probably be going back with the kids I think they'll really enjoy it too.

7 comments:

Robyn said...

Isn't the Lord good! It's amazing how He hears the cries of our hearts and responds to it. I'm glad to hear that life is getting better there for you!

That library sounds like the best library ever!! I want to go there! I guess I'll just have to come visit you to go see it.

Gayle said...

Date nights are good. I'm glad you and Ian got a chance to get away. Yeah for new friends.

Monica said...

I am so glad for you! It always amazes me that when we cry out to God about a need He's always right ahead of us. Just another great example of His care.

I love great libraries. The readers are happy and the little ones can play to their heart's content.

Anonymous said...

God is good.
The library sounds so great. Our homeschool is greatly enriched by the books from our local library.
You changed your layout some, it looks great!
-Dusti

Anonymous said...

I am glad it is beginning to feel like home. God heard your cries and answered:)
:>Michelle

Melissa Stover said...

got the good news off emily's blog. congratulations!

Renata said...

I'm glad you've been able to meet people! That restaurant sounds wonderful! - what a fun date night!
Glad the library is good - it's always wonderful to take the kids to the library!