Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Top careers or math, math and more math

My husband thinks I should post this link for all of you home school moms out there.... It is an article about the best and worst jobs in the U.S.. It should be noted that the top 3 jobs listed require a math related degree. And of the top 20 jobs about 13 would require a minimum of 4 quarters of college calculus. There are lots of opportunities out there for people who are willing to 'do the math'. (My husband happens to be an actuary) He often comments on how difficult it is for his company to recruit even now as unemployment is increasing. In fact, companies are hiring more and more people from out of the country as there are not enough Americans qualified for these positions.

2 comments:

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

I really hate Math, but I'm really LOVING what I read on Emily's blog!!

I won't speak of it further until you do, but you know... that "C" word. ;)

Renata said...

I was one of those strange people who's favourite subject as school was maths. I found that article very interesting. I'd love to see the rest of the list.